I was completely flattered when I received a message from Lyrical Sphere saying she had nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I didn’t know about this award until her nomination and was pleasantly surprised that I could have this impact on another person. I blog because I want to share my passion for food and fitness, to hold myself accountable, and to use it as sort of an open journal, never really expecting to impact anyone else. So thank you, from the bottom of my heart, Lyrical Sphere, for this nomination.
Here are the rules once nominated:
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Okay, seven random facts about me:
- I love to bake, but I rarely cook. My husband (Joe) does the cooking for our nighttime meals; I merely prep.
- For as long as I can remember working out has been my escape.
- Pink is my favorite color.
- When people ask me what my favorite food is I have a hard time answering because I love so many things! So, I usually answer with “seafood.”
- My other passion is traveling. In fact, my dream is to be a traveling food and fitness writer.
- I grew up on the south shore of Lake Superior in a small town. I couldn’t image not living next to some sort of body of water.
- When I travel to new places I photograph almost every meal and countless signs. Food is a passion of mine and I love to document how other cultures create and present amazing dishes. I also love old signs with faded colors and old-time fonts.
Inspiration for me comes from a wide range of topics, from fitness to food to life experiences (obviously fitting for my blog). Food inspiration comes from:
- Oh She Glows (If you have never checked out this blog I HIGHLY recommend you do)
- The Yummy Life
- Sweet Pea’s Kitchen
- Sweet Tater Blog (Although no longer blogging)
- Running on Real Food
- fit Bottomed girls
- The Quinquagenarian Runner
Life and other inspirations:
- Rob Greenfield (I went to high school with Rob, he is down to earth and full of inspiring stories for a more self-sustaining lifestyle.)