Fall has officially arrived, no more living in denial that summer might return. One thing I absolutely do love about fall is that it masks my obsession for pumpkin. In fact it seems that everyone has pumpkin fever this fall. Pumpkin spice lattes (they’re only around for so long, so I have to have one whenever opportunity strikes! 😉 ), pumpkin scones, pumpkin soup, pumpkin pie, pumpkin overnight oatmeal—I think you get the point. Today I was craving a flavorful and moist muffin, so naturally I decided it had to be pumpkin. Get ready for the most delicious and moist pumpkin muffins your taste buds will ever experience! Remember that Vegan Lemon-Raspberry Scone recipe from this summer and my excitement on how amazing it was? I have that same feeling of excitement, that shout from the rooftop excited kind of feeling, for these muffins. (Also, I may or may not have eaten 4 of them fresh out of the oven…but hey they’re small!)
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
¼ cup lightly-packed brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
2 heaping tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
½ tsp. cloves
½ tsp. ginger
dash of salt (¼ of a tsp. or less)
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
½ cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. pure maple syrup
Makes 8 delicious muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare your muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients (whole-wheat pastry flour through salt). Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl combine the coconut oil, almond milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and pure maple syrup.
- Return to your medium bowl with the combined dry ingredients. Pour in the wet ingredients (mixture will be thick) and stir until well combined.
- Use a spoon to scoop muffin mixture into each individual muffin well, filling each about half to three-fourths full. Muffins will rise slightly when baking.
- Bake 16 minutes or until center is cooked through (test using a toothpick). Remove from muffin pan and let cool on a wire rack.
Buon appetito! Printable recipe
This recipe is my own, if you repurpose or share this recipe please link to this page and give IronwomanDiaries credit. Thanks!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.