Sometimes you just need to satisfy that craving for something a little naughty without all the guilt that often follows. Not only will these Cocoa Nutty Balls satisfy your sweet tooth—you’ll love how they taste!—you can feel good that you ate one of these instead of some other chocolate-peanut butter-calorie-rich-nutrient-poor bar. In other words, your taste buds and your body will thank you for making these. They’re also husband approved. 😉
Here’s what you’ll need:
½ cup chopped almonds
½ cup chopped hazelnuts
½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
½ cup dates (Use what you have on hand. I had chopped dates on hand so I used those. If you have full, pitted dates, those will work just as well.)
dash of sea salt
2 Tbsp. coconut oil-melted (may need extra for final combining of ingredients)
2 Tbsp. raw cocoa powder
3 Tbsp. peanut butter
Parchment paper lined baking sheet or large plate
Makes 9 delicious Cocoa Nutty Balls
- If necessary, use a food processor or high-speed blender (like a VitaMix) to chop almonds and hazelnuts. (I cheated this time and bought pre-chopped!) Place chopped nuts in a medium bowl.
- In your food processor or high-speed blender, process all ingredients from pure vanilla extract to raw cocoa powder until well combined and a chunky mixture has formed.
- Add to the bowl with the chopped nuts and add the peanut butter. Mix together using a spoon until well combined.
- Form into small balls, adding more melted coconut oil if mixture is too dry. (I added an additional 1 tsp. to mine when forming balls.)
- Place on your parchment paper lined baking sheet or large plate and refrigerate for at least a half an hour to firm.
This recipe is my own, if you repurpose or share this recipe please link to this page and give IronwomanDiaries credit. Thanks!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.