Why buy muesli from the grocery store that is packed with sugar when you could make your own?! Not to mention, probably save you money down the road. Right now especially, I’m all about minimally processed and money saving—that’s how this recipe was born. This muesli has just enough sweetness and delicious cinnamon, plus, it’s packed with protein and low in sugar. It’s also vegan. So here you go, Healthy, Homemade Muesli:
Here’s what you’ll need:
2 cups rolled oats
½ cup puffed millet
½ cup raw pecan halves, roughly chopped
¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
¼ cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
2 Tbsp. hulled hemp seed
dash of salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. dark agave nectar
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
Makes 36 ounces (4.5 cups)
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix all wet ingredients together. Pour wet ingredients onto dry ingredient mixture and stir until all dry ingredients are lightly coated.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet with coconut oil. Spread mixture onto the baking sheet in a thin layer.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, stirring once halfway through bake time.
- Remove from oven and let cool before transferring to an air tight container or a glass jar.
Store in a cool, dry place for up to two weeks. Enjoy on top of yogurt, with milk, or with fresh fruit. For a special treat, especially on cool mornings, heat milk and pour on top of muesli to enjoy warm.
Bon appétit! 💜
This recipe is my own, if you repurpose or share this recipe please link to this page and give IronwomanDiaries credit. Thanks!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.